How does staffing contribute to your sustainability?
Staffing costs can be between 75% and 85% of a nurseries expenditure, so it is important to keep on top of it
Here are a just a few things that you can do to help minimise this expenditure:
1. Monitor staff absence, if you are having to bring in agency staff or pay overtime due to staff absence, it could be costing you more than you need.
v Always do a return to work interview, even if its only been one day, having to speak with the owner or manager ...
How secure is your online business security?
How do you protect your business, especially on the internet where the fraudsters always seem to be one step ahead?
Here are our top tips for keeping your business safe online:
- Implement a combination of security protection solutions (anti-virus, anti-spam, firewall(s))
- Carry out regular security updates on all software and devices
- Implement a resilient password policy, with strong passwords (min eight characters, use a mixture of letters, numbers and symbols. change regularly)
- Secure your wireless network
- Implement clear and concise procedures for email, internet and mobile devices
- Train staff in good ...
The sudden and tragic death of my 39-year-old nephew on December 28th has brought home the need to ensure our affairs are in order, whether this is in our personal or business life.
He was a fantastic tattooist; I'm not too fond of tattoos but can appreciate the skill and craft that goes into creating, what are often works of art. He was also a small business owner, and like all of us, we don’t think our life will cut short and therefore probably don’t keep our business records as up to date as we should. Over the past ...
20 STEPS TO HELP PREPARE YOUR BUSINESS FOR THE GDPR...
Use our handy checklist to help you assess where your business is now in terms of GDPR compliance (Tick when completed)
1. You have conducted an audit on what personal data you hold, where the data came from and who it is shared with.
2. You have identiﬁed the lawful bases for processing data and have documented it.
3. You have reviewed how you ask for and record consent for processing data.
4. You have a system to record and manage on-going consent.
5. Your business is currently registered with ...
The GDPR – general Data Protection Regulation comes into force on May 25th, 2018
Are you ready?
The new GDPR replaces the current data protection act and introduces new provisions, including enhanced accountability and new procedures for handling data breaches, and data access requests. The new regulations apply to all businesses from major corporates to sole traders.
All nurseries, preschools and registered childminders keep data, think staff, parents and children, yes this will impact on your nursery
The regulations cover ‘sensitive personal data’ and personal data. Personal data is any information relating to an identified person or someone who ...
What is Tax-Free Childcare?
Tax-Free Childcare is a new UK-wide scheme to help working parents pay for childcare. For every £8 a parent pays, the government will pay an extra £2 towards their childcare costs – up to £2000 per child, per year (or £4000 for children who are disabled). Tax-Free Childcare will be available for children up to the age of 12 (or 17 for disabled children).
The introduction of the government’s Tax-Free Childcare scheme will begin on 28 April, for parents of the youngest children. It will be gradually rolled out over 2017 - by the end of 2017 ...
Have you checked your staff qualifications meet the Early educators criteria as full and relevant to be counted in your staff ratios?
The Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) sets out the requirements for staff to child ratios in settings delivering the EYFS...
Concerned about impact of delivering the Free 30 hours on the sustainability of your setting?
If you are in early years you can’t have failed to see and read all the hype about the 30 hours and the possible, negative impact on the sustainability of the nursery sector.
Mentoring What it is and is not
We are pleased and excited to announce the launch of our new website! Please take a look around...